Hours of Operation
The tennis courts are available for use between the hours of 8:00am and 9:00pm, year-round. In respect of those who live in close proximity to the tennis courts, the lights should go out at 9:00pm.
Access to the courts when the pool is not open will be gained through the north gate. This gate will have a combination lock.
- The combination for the lock will be given to adult members. The combination will be changed at the beginning of each pool season. However, the PRA board reserves the right to change the combination at any time if there are repeated abuses or negligence of the courts and/or the policy.
- Courts will be available for use on a first come/first serve basis unless otherwise posted due to tennis lessons, private parties or prior reservations.
- Reservations can be made at the pool desk
- Members should use common courtesy in how long to stay on the courts when others are waiting. A typical tennis match lasts approximately 90 minutes. If you are just starting your playing time and others arrive, please tell them how long you think you will be. If you have been on the courts longer than an hour, please consider ending your playing time so that others do not have to wait more than 15 minutes.
A guest fee of $2 will be charged for court use. The fee should be recorded in the same manner as pool guest fees at the front desk.
Court Behavior/Etiquette and Care of Courts
- The tennis courts are to be used for tennis. Bicycles, scooters, skates, and cleats are not allowed on the court surface.
- Do not allow children to throw sand from the adjoining sand volleyball pit onto the courts. This action could result in serious falls resulting in sprains, broken bones or worse.
- Food should not be taken onto or eaten on the courts. The only drinks that should be taken onto the courts are water and/or sports drinks. If a sports drink is spilled, the area should be rinsed with water.
- When the courts are being used for tennis, people should not run onto the courts or walk behind players. If a person wants to get onto the courts to play tennis on the adjacent court, please wait until play has stopped and ask before crossing the
- If both courts are in use and a players’ ball rolls onto the other players’ court, please ask before running onto their court. If a ball from your court rolls onto the next court during play and it is behind a player where he/she might step on the ball, please stop their play and warn them of the location of the ball and apologize for the interference.
- When a court is in use, please use common courtesy as to your level of noise if you are on the adjoining court.
- Please place all trash in the garbage cans located on the courts or around the pool area.
- If the courts were locked upon your arrival and you are the only one using the courts, please lock the gate as you leave unless otherwise directed by pool employees.